[pulseaudio-discuss] How to set media role variable ??

sathishkumar sivagurunathan sathish1000 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 01:27:34 PST 2013

Thanks Tanu,

What I want to do is something like this.

1) The task is very similar to the module-role-cork.. Ex:- when a call
comes from skype, if I am playing rhythmbox, it should pause and after I
finish the call, it should restart. The skype and rhythmbox are managed by
a Audio Manager.

2) The applications that I use (like skype and rhythmbox) might not have
the media role property.

3) In such a case, how to assign media roles to them..

4) The Audio Manager or routing engine has the information about the media
role variable..

The above points are the things I want to acheive..

*" Essentially, if I write a module, it should take the media role
information from Audio Manager and set the media role variable in pulse
audio.."*

Is this what you implied when you replied you have to write a module
(written within quotes and faced in bold)?? Are there any other ways to do
it ??

Thanks,
Sathish