[pulseaudio-discuss] no sound in steam and all valve games after install openSUSE 13.1

guus guus.poort at upcmail.nl
Thu Nov 28 12:04:27 PST 2013

Hi guys

This week I installed openSUSE 13.1 64 bit.
Before I used openSUSE 12.3

Since openSUSE 13.1 all sound has stopped working, in all games from Valve
Serious Sam 3 also played through steam, still has sound.

I am looking for help, and have already posted on the steam for linux
github ( valve)
And of course the openSUSE forums, without any success.

Disabling pusle audio gave me sound in steam in all Valve games.
( and in the 32 bit flash version steam uses)

Outside steam pulse audio seems to work fine.

  pulseaudio --version
pulseaudio 4.0-270-g9490a-rebootstrapped

Kind regards, Guus