[pulseaudio-discuss] no sound in steam and all valve games after install openSUSE 13.1

guus guus.poort at upcmail.nl
Fri Nov 29 19:00:10 PST 2013

I think I found an solution.|

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux/issues/1179#issuecomment-13066470

that guy wrote:
I have run into sound problems on OpenSuse 13.1 (not yet released). In
my case the '/etc/machine-id' and the '/var/lib/dbus/machine-id' files
both existed but contained different values.

I removed the dbus one and made a symlink to the other by running:
'sudo ln -s /etc/machine-id /var/lib/dbus/machine-id'