[pulseaudio-discuss] On scaling the HRIR in module-virtual-surround-sink

CCOR58 cattlecountryradio at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:36:00 PDT 2014

Have I subscribed to the wrong list?

I originally thought this was a help type list, but it appears to be
more of a developer's forum.

I was looking for a forum where I could get a better understanding of
the overall linux audio system; ie ALSA, Jack Audio, pulse audio and
hardware and how they all interact.

The individual .net or .org sites for each of these separate entities
are detailed about their own projects but seem somewhat vague about how
they all tie together.

I thought I understood them and had a box running Mint 16 ALSA JACK &
PULSE and when I set up the jack patch system and understood what was a
dedicated connection; feeding a 1004 Hz tone into the line in on the
hardware seemed to be fed everywhere and same with a mic which caused
feedback loop and loud squeal.

 From what I read once everything showed up in the jack connections
panel, jack had control and this strange feedback should not have occurred.

So if I am posting to wrong list I apologize and would appreciate a link
to a more appropriate list

Thanks