[pulseaudio-discuss] Heads-up: the routing patches will start to get merged soon

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Fri Apr 4 02:44:15 PDT 2014

> > Peter and Arun, what's your opinion, is this a fair
> > requirement? What benefit would be significant enough? Which of these
> > (if any) would be sufficient?

> Ok, what does Peter/Arun think about this?

Tanu is starting to do some advertising :), this is good!

> > 1) Automatic port switching when an application wants to play to an
> > inactive node: "paplay --routing=some-inactive-port-node foo.wav"
> >
> > 2) Support for loopback routing without loading module-loopback
> > manually: "pactl set-node-routing some-input-port-node
> > some-output-port-node"

I think there is no point in keeping stuff separate forever; if it doesn't
terribly interfere with the current code, routing should be merged soon

there is no other way to understand (and probably fix) whatever Tanu is
doing; routing doesn't have to be 'perfect'

I'd ask for code under test/ and a list of meaningful/useful examples
(such as stated above) and can be checked and regression tested

regards, p.

--

Peter Meerwald
+43-664-2444418 (mobile)