[pulseaudio-discuss] Heads-up: the routing patches will start to get merged soon

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Apr 22 04:59:04 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-22 11:06, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> 'Twas brillig, and David Henningsson at 22/04/14 09:41 did gyre and gimble:

>>> Others were silent, so in the absence of permission from you to do
>>> anything else I think I'll have to work with the assumption that I will
>>> need to provide some kind of configurable non-Murphy-based routing
>>> module before the routing infrastructure can be accepted to master.
>>
>> Well, I'd much prefer to hear more opinions about it. It's difficult for
>> me to know as well.
>
> Sorry, I've been somewhat slow to comment on this.

Better late than never :-)

> Is there a simple summary of the hooks etc. added by the Murphy patches
> that would be available to said alternative routing system?

I'd like to add the question - compared to the current git master, would
the routing patch set make it any easier to implement Colin's priority
lists? Or would it be about the same (or even make things more complicated)?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic