[pulseaudio-discuss] latency in loopback between different audio devices

Craig Matsuura cmatsuura at vivint.com
Fri Aug 1 07:01:54 PDT 2014

Here is a followup on my question. (I hope this is the right place to ask these questions)

I have set the rate to force to 8000Hz (So now the codec is set to 8000Hz matches the GSM fixed rate of 8000Hz), which makes pulseaudio to use the resampler of copy, so no resampling is required.  This has helped with the latency, reduced significantly.

I do have instances where the audio playback will not play until I suspend and un-suspend the codec sink.  (Seems strange).  Also noticed when I suspend a sink that has not played anything twice in a row that pulse terminates.

Thanks,
Craig