[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio test suite failures

Felipe Sateler fsateler at debian.org
Mon Aug 4 09:14:22 PDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Peter Meerwald <pmeerw at pmeerw.net> wrote:
>> > posted here
>> > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2014-August/021051.html
>>
>> Still failing on powerpc and s390x.
>
> do you have the link to the build bot?
> that was rather helpful last time

No, I don't. I ran these on the porterboxes, not on the build farm.
I'll schedule a build tonight on the build farm.

>> I'm also getting this (after disabling timeouts) on powerpc:
>>
>> tests/once-test.c:74:F:once:once_test:0: Assertion
>> 'pthread_setaffinity_np(pthread_self(), sizeof(mask), &mask) == 0'
>> failed
>
> hm
>

>> > and here
>> > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2014-August/021053.html
>>
>> I haven't tested that yet. I did also apply this patch to build
>> correctly on kFreeBSD:
>>
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-pulseaudio/pulseaudio.git/tree/debian/patches/gnu-kfreebsd.patch
>
> I disagree with the patch; why should the SSE optimizations be disabled
> when running a FreeBSD kernel?

I don't really know. I just mimicked commit b0a04d8031f9ef, which does
not give much info, unfortunately. I presumed the problem was with the
kernel and not the compiler, but of course I could be wrong.

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler