[pulseaudio-discuss] Writing a volume meter

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Tue Aug 19 03:02:57 PDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-08-17 at 22:57 -0300, flavio.ceolin at gmail.com wrote:
> Apparently it's not working on pavucontrol as well. I also tried to
> check the pavumeter but the repository where it is seems to be down.

If the volume meters in pavucontrol don't work, it's pretty pointless to
try to make your own volume meter work. If you get just zeros from a
monitor source, then you can't do anything about that at client side.

To make any progress, you need to figure out why the monitor source is
generating silence. The first thing to check is that is there actually
any non-silence stream playing to the sink.