[pulseaudio-discuss] is it possible to ignore a module load failure?

Dmitry Pavlov dmitry.pavlov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 10:12:16 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have the following line in my default.pa:

load-module module-alsa-sink device=bt sink_name=alsa_bt

Sometimes (when the corresponding physical device is turned off)
pulseaudio refuses to start, saying

E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-alsa-sink"
(argument: "device=bt sink_name=alsa_bt"): initialization failed.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.

While the error is not surprising, I would like Pulseaudio
to go on starting and working, just with this particular sink disabled,
and other sink(s) enabled. Is it possible?

Best regards,

Dmitry