[pulseaudio-discuss] How to launch pulseaudio on embedded system

DIEHCO R&D electronique at diehco.com
Mon Aug 25 01:31:32 PDT 2014

Le 24/08/2014 11:16, Tanu Kaskinen a écrit :
> On Wed, 2014-08-20 at 14:51 +0200, DIEHCO R&D wrote:
>> Hello, I hope it is good place for my request. I am looking for some
>> tips to configure the pulseaudio server on an embedded system. The
>> program is in the system, but I have difficult to lauch it correctly.
>>
>> After setting
>> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket and
>> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=`cat /var/run/dbus/pid`
> Why do you do that? It's not exactly a surprise that things break if you
> make PulseAudio connect to the system bus when PulseAudio expects a
> session bus.

I understand now it was not a logical try.
Maybe I can start from the beginning if someone can respond to me.
So I am using Open Embedded daisy without X11, PulseAudio 5.0, Linux
armv5tejl 2.6.37.6 #18 PREEMPT.
crw-rw----    1 root     root      116,  16 Aug 25 07:09 pcmC0D0p
Aplay works correctly from root but not from an other user (I should do
setup of the sound card).
 From root :
pulseaudio --system met the error shm.c: mmap() failed: Cannot allocate
memory
pulseaudio --start or pulseaudio -D and then pacmd list-cards give 0
card(s) available.