[pulseaudio-discuss] How to launch pulseaudio on embedded system

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Aug 28 23:51:06 PDT 2014

On 2014-08-27 15:18, DIEHCO R&D wrote:
> Yes, pulseaudio is not running after that. See attached complete log.
> E: [pulseaudio] shm.c: mmap() failed: Cannot allocate memory

This is a libc / system call failing. "Cannot allocate memory" sounds a
little vague, but it almost sounds like you don't have enough free
memory. I wouldn't expect mmap to actually *commit* the memory at that
point, but maybe I'm wrong.

Could reducing the mempool size be an option here? How much (free)
memory does your device have?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic