[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse trouble after a while

Jason Steigler drsteigler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 08:26:16 PDT 2014

I had posted a message regarding a problem I was having with constant
playback and pulseaudio a month ago.  In the meantime, I did some more
testing.  From what I have found, the problem isn't with pulseaudio, but
with alsa-lib.  On my test system, I updated libasound2 1.0.25 (stock
Debian Wheezy) to 1.0.28 (current Debian Testing).  Repeating the same
tests, the problem was not reproducible.  I recompiled libasound2 1.0.28
for Wheezy as well (mostly to eliminate a libc6 upgrade that the Testing
package would require), reset my test system, and updated libasound2 to
1.0.28 to confirm.  I don't know the specific fixes from 1.0.25 to 1.0.28
that resolve the issue, but I figure that sharing this might be useful case
anybody else has a similar problem.

Thanks again,
Jason