[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 6.0 rc2 released!
david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Dec 19 05:17:17 PST 2014
If you're been naughty this year, your chance to make it up for
Christmas is to dutily test PulseAudio RC2 and report bugs (or
If you've been nice this year, better not ruin it all by skipping your
testing of PulseAudio RC2!
And if you don't celebrate Christmas at all, you could just spend your
time testing PulseAudio RC2 instead...
Anyhow, compared to RC1, we have these fixes/changes:
* Build system fixes for Debian/FreeBSD and mingw32
* Some translation updates
* Fixed A2DP profile not restored correctly
* Configure fixes for bluez 5 native headset backend
* Noise in the beginning of a recording (with srbchannel) fixed
* Fixed a few memory safety issues
* Added warnings for two unstable modules (module-equalizer-sink and
* Enabled autospawn even when systemd socket activation is built in
* Using the new systemd socket activation for PulseAudio will cause
PulseAudio to not have any connection with D-Bus, breaking device
reservation protocol, module-jackdbus-detect and module-dbus-protocol.
Therefore, autospawn is now still enabled by default even if you build
with systemd daemon headers. To enable systemd activation, an end user
or packager would now have to do two steps:
- disable autospawn in /etc/pulse/client.conf
- enable socket activation with "systemctl --global enable
* extra-hdmi.conf, which was present in 5.0 and a few versions before
that, has been merged with default.conf. The udev rule has been updated
accordingly, but udev rules are typically only read at boot time, so in
some cases your sound card might not to be detected. We suggest you do
one of the following to fix this transitional problem:
- Reboot your computer, or
- Run "udevadm reload-rules" and then "udevadm trigger" (as root), or
- Create a symlink from extra-hdmi.conf to default.conf.
Thanks to all contributors for making PulseAudio better!
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
Shortlog (since rc1) :
Alexander E. Patrakov (2):
Warn on loading module-equalizer-sink
Warn on loading module-dbus-protocol
Arun Raghavan (1):
introspect: Minor documentation fix
Cheng-Chia Tseng (1):
i18n: update Chinese (traditional) translation
David Henningsson (8):
build-sys: Don't build srbchannel-test on targets without srbchannel
bluez5: Fix free order of adapters and devices
core-util: Fix build on mingw32
memblock: Avoid block ID collisions when exporting memory blocks
srbchannel: Check return value of pa_memblock_new_pool
memblock: Initialize mempool object to zero
bluez5: Do not suspend on no -> unknown profile transitions
Revert "launch: Disable autospawn by default when systemd daemon
support is enabled."
Felipe Sateler (1):
Fix #defines for Debian GNU/kFreeBSD
Jason Newton (2):
module-equalizer-sink: use fftwf_free in all the right places
module-equalizer-sink: remove erroneous fixme
Piotr Drąg (1):
Updated Polish translation
Tanu Kaskinen (6):
NEWS: Zsh completion support isn't new in 6.0
build-sys: Always define bluetooth related HAVE_* variables
build-sys: Fix the BlueZ 5 native headset backend check
module: Fix unsafe iteration
i18n: Add French translation for "Speaker"
card-restore: Fix profile restoring with bluetooth
Yuri Chornoivan (1):
Update Ukrainian translation
More information about the pulseaudio-discuss