[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth headset help needed

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Sat Dec 27 11:01:00 PST 2014

Hello,

I bought a new headset (Plantronics Backbeat Pro) and cannot get it working
properly. Probably I am missing something stupid.

When I use the native headset backend, HSP/HFP is working fine but I get
"not connected" log messages when I try to switch to a2dp.
With the ofono backend, a2dp works fine, but I get "not connected" log
messages for HSP/HFP.
With the native backend, the HFP profile connects when I power on the
headset.
With the ofono backend the headset connects at power on but is immediately
disconnected.
So I am stuck. I tried all variations of restarts, removing and pairing
the device
again, recompiled ofono and pulse from current git, but it is always the
same
picture.
I would like to get it working with the ofono backend because I also
connect my
mobile to the computer. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

BTW, is module-bluetooth-discover not supposed to automatically use the
ofono
backend when ofonod is running? It does not do so on my machine, I have to
specify it.

Regards
              Georg