[pulseaudio-discuss] GSoC 2014 call for ideas

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Fri Feb 7 00:22:23 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-07 at 09:47 +0530, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> Hello,
> This year's call for projects participation is out, and I'd like to
> gauge interest in participation. I'm happy to run org admin duty
> again, and if you've got ideas for a project and/or would like to
> mentor a student, please drop your name on the wiki:

I see I've already been signed up for mentoring :) (Or at least I was in
the contacts list.)

> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Software/PulseAudio/GSoC2014/

The page location could be better... I recommend creating new pages
directly with git, since it's very difficult to convince the web UI to
create the pages in the right location.

> We should decide one way or the other by mid next week so that we can
> get our org application in well in time if we're doing this.

My employment situation during the summer is uncertain, so it may be
that I won't have enough time for mentoring, or it may be that I'll have
lots and lots of time. I guess it makes sense to volunteer for mentoring
now, and cancel later if necessary.

Some project ideas (I should add them to the wiki at some point...):

Qt/QML bindings (would we be OK with maintaining this in PA upstream in
the long term?)

"Configuration system", whatever that means (I think both me and Arun
have ideas, but they might not be entirely compatible)