[pulseaudio-discuss] GSoC 2014 call for ideas

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Fri Feb 7 04:37:49 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-07 at 18:17 +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> 07.02.2014 14:22, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> > Qt/QML bindings (would we be OK with maintaining this in PA upstream in
> > the long term?)
>
> See also https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-36511 - it
> appears that I have created an unnecessary social conflict related to
> this topic :(

I don't see any conflict :) As far as I can see, you described the facts
as they are.

FWIW, when I suggested the Qt/QML bindings idea, I was (and am) more
interested in the audio system control aspect, not so much with the part
of the API that applications use to stream audio, since Qt already has
an audio streaming API. Of course both aspects could be included, but
I'd expect the binding development to be an iterative process, i.e.
starting from the most important functionality.