[pulseaudio-discuss] xrdp pulse sink

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 10 01:03:10 PST 2014

On Sun, 2014-02-09 at 01:19 -0800, Jay Sorg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have the xrdp source done now too.
> How can we proceed to get this into pulseaudio.
>
> Should we send patch?  pull request?
> Does it need to be LGPL?

You should send patches, instructions here:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/HowToUseGitSendEmail/

LGPL would be much preferred. Do you have a reason to use some other
license?

It sounds like you have a single patch for the whole thing. Reviewing
huge patches is a pain, so my wish would be that you split the
implementation to smaller logical pieces (if a single patch has more
than 200 changed lines, you should think if it could be split into
smaller pieces).

You'll also need patience. We have over 100 patches waiting for review,
and limited reviewer capacity, and I don't think your patches will jump
to the head of the queue (I personally review patches generally in
oldest-first order, although exceptions happen). Patch review status can
be seen here:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Software/PulseAudio/PatchStatus/