[pulseaudio-discuss] Loopback Delays

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 28 07:02:57 PST 2014

I use my Linux PC to play audio from my DVR to my PC speakers.  So, the DVR audio output is connected to the audio input of the PC.  The audio output of the PC is connected to the PC speakers.  In pulseaudio, I load the loopback module (I don't remember the exact terminology) to route the audio from PC input to PC output.  It's fairly simple.

The problem is that this introduces a 0.5 second delay in the audio.  The sounds being played through the PC speakers occur 0.5 seconds after the video.  Very noticeable.  How can I eliminate, or reduce this delay?