[pulseaudio-discuss] oFono/PulseAudio issue: Reject SCO: Agent not registered

Ignazio Chiappone gnz.chp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 06:54:08 PST 2014

Hello everyone,

my goal is to use the bluetooth HFP to make/receive a call, however I have
a problem with oFono.
Actually I'm working on Fedora 20 with blueZ 5.12 and oFono 1.14 .

When I start ofonod I see this: http://pastebin.com/AsukjcXx .

Using test script enable-modem, after pair my device with linux, everything
seems to work fine, on ofonod in debug mode, I see this:
http://pastebin.com/2GBmZERk .

Now, using my device I try to make/receive a call, but I see in both cases
this error:

Reject SCO: Agent not registered
Reject SCO: Agent not registered
Reject SCO: Agent not registered .

During the last week talking with some developers of blueZ and pulseaudio
and also writing on the oFono mailing list, I figured out the problem could
be PA. In fact someone told me that pulseaudio is not fully compatible with
blueZ5, I mean it doesn't provide a way to register a HandsFree Audio Agent
to manage the bluetooth HFP communication, so the chain blueZ5 -> oFono ->
pulseaudio cannot work well!

I don't understand if that problem is present in all release of pulseaudio
or if there is some version or patch able to solve my problem. I mean is
there a unofficial/not stable version of pulseaudio that work well with
blueZ5 and oFono?

Please if you need more details let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Ignazio