[pulseaudio-discuss] Need help with audio gain on an Intel HDA equipt ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 17:03:25 PST 2014

> > > Running an older ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS 32 bit build because a specially
> > > patched rtai kernel is mandatory for one app.  However, I am booted to
> > > a 32bit 3.12.6 build ATM.
> > >
> > > The Audigy2 Value (SBO-400) card, and my amps/3way speaker all went
> > > south for the winter in a space of about 3 weeks, so I bought another
> > > amplified 3way kit and switched the audio back to the intel HDA
> > > facilities on this motherboard.
> > >
> > > Is there anyplace where I might find another 20 db of gain?  Its so
> > > quiet, even a youtube video would never get me accused of disturbing
> > > the peace.
> >
> > Please post the output of alsa-info.sh
> >

> Output is huge, >60k, attached.  If the server passes it.

Seem you have set up to use  AC97 front audio panel in BIOS setup

Post the output of

pactl list

pulseaudio verbose log

Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined penum
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'IEC958 Default PCM',0 Capabilities: pswitch
pswitch-joined penum Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [on]

Turn off IEC958 Default PCM If you are not using iec958

Analog output node 0x03 support rates [0x7ff]: 8000 11025 16000 22050 32000
44100 48000 88200 96000 176400 192000

but only support  rates [0x7e0]: 44100 48000 88200 96000 176400 192000 when
share with digial output node 0x02

pcm playback volume (softvol plugin also support gain) in hda-Intel.conf