[pulseaudio-discuss] 'Failed to find a working profile' for firewire sound devices

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Jan 22 08:52:27 PST 2014

On 01/16/2014 04:37 AM, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
>> Hmm, I expected the stereo playback to only go to the first two
>> channels. Let me try this later.
>
> I re-check it but it reappears.

Hmm, Alexander is probably correct. Then maybe it would be better to
fill with aux channels instead, e g, for 10 channels, change:

channel-map =
front-left,front-right,rear-left,rear-right,front-center,lfe,side-left,side-right,aux0,aux1

to:

channel-map = front-left,front-right,aux0,aux1,aux2,aux3,aux4,aux5,aux6,aux7

...that should stop output to those channels by default, I believe.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic