[pulseaudio-discuss] PA is very silent; doen't use the max hardware volume

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 08:39:43 PST 2014

On 23/01/14 18:25, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> 2014/1/23 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at gmail.com>:

>>> Which control are you raising? Maybe it is not in the default mixer
>>> path known to pulseaudio?
>>

>> The control is named "Master Front".
>
> Then it is indeed not in the default mixer path [...]
>
> In order to work around it, you can try editing
> /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths/analog-output.conf and other
> conf files in that directory that are relevant to outputs. Find the
> [Front] section in each file and duplicate it to say [Master Front] in
> the header. Please report if this helps.

I've now duplicated all occurrences of [Element Front] (grep -r
"Front\]") with [Element Master Front]. I then did "pulseaudio -k" (I
assume this reloads the paths). I verified that a new process was
spawned (new PID of the pulseaudio daemon.)

It doesn't help. The hardware mixer control is still not touched by PA.