[pulseaudio-discuss] Assertion failed while switching card profiles

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Fri Jan 24 13:13:48 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 15:51 +0200, Iskren Hadzhinedev wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> I have an issue with Pulseaudio 4.0 and a bluetooth headset.
> Whenever I change the profile from a2dp to hsp while a program is using the
> microphone, pulseaudio aborts with the following message:
>
> [pulseaudio] source.c: Assertion 'PA_SOURCE_IS_LINKED(s->state)' failed at
> pulsecore/source.c:734, function pa_source_update_status(). Aborting.
>
> If microphone is not used profiles change without any issues.
>
> Tried with skype, viber and `parec | pacat' - same result in each case.

Does just "parec --device=name_of_the_microphone_source > /dev/null" do
the trick too?

> Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

If you could provide a backtrace with gdb, that would be useful.

What microphone do you mean? You said that the bluetooth card profile is
initially a2dp and then you switch to hsp. Since you can't use the
headset microphone in the a2dp mode, you're apparently talking about
some other microphone.