[pulseaudio-discuss] Error cross-compiling PulseAudio 4.99.2 for win32

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 16:10:41 PST 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Tanu Kaskinen
<tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-01-26 at 19:32 -0500, Michael DePaulo wrote:
>> [   52s] pulsecore/.libs/libpulsecore_4.99_la-module.o: In function
>> `pa_module_exists':
>> [   52s] /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/pulseaudio-4.99.2/src/pulsecore/module.c:70:
>> undefined reference to `rindex'
>> [   52s] collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> strrchr() does the same thing as rindex(), but is "more standard", so I
> changed the rindex() call in module.c to a strrchr() call. Hopefully
> mingw32 likes that function. The patch is attached (and I already
> applied it to the master branch). Could you try again with this patch?
>
> --
> Tanu

Success! Although ORC is still disabled, I managed to cross-compile
4.99.2 with your 2 patches.

The source and binaries are here on the OBS at revision 11.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:mikedep333:branches:home:mkbosmans:mingw32:pulseaudio/mingw32-pulseaudio5
(Although the binaries are not easy to grab with all the dependency
DLL's. I will post an easy-to-use .zip of 4.99.2 binaries once we fix
the ORC issue.)

Now I would like to address the issue I have when ORC is enabled. In
fact, I seem to get the same error even when I try a "./configure" &
"make" without using the OBS

RPM spec:
http://pastebin.com/q9zkF0fL

build log:
http://pastebin.com/KVEnvxTQ

command-line build log for opensuse 12.3 64-bit without the OBS:
http://pastebin.com/2Pyawa3H
(Yes, not every optional dependency is installed. This is just a test.)