[pulseaudio-discuss] 'Failed to find a working profile' for firewire sound devices

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Jan 29 07:11:26 PST 2014

On 01/26/2014 04:00 PM, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
> David,
>
>>> Firewire speakers are just three models.
>>> (Vendor ID/Model ID)
>>> iSight:  0x000a27:0x000010
>>> Griffin: 0x001292:0x00f970
>>> Lacie:   0x00d04b:0x00f970
>
> I wrote a test for udev rules. Please see attached files in order of:
> -> lsfirewire.log
> -> cards.log
> -> 0001-udev-add-entries-for-firewire-sound-devices-sample.patch
> -> udevadm.log
> -> pulse.log
>
> I don't have devices of the first three entries. But an entry for
> 'Behringer F-Control Audio 202' has the same condition and actually
> 'analog-stereo' profile is applied. So these three devices may also have
> profiles except for 'multichannel.conf'.
>
> FYI

The udev patch looks good to me, except I don't know/remember why FW1814
and Projectmix I/O are supposed to be ignored.

Btw - if you end up uploading your DKMS package to an Ubuntu PPA, maybe
you want to upload a patched PulseAudio package there as well, for even
easier testing of the complete stack.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic