[pulseaudio-discuss] Please help on source naming

Lukasz Marek lukasz.m.luki at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 08:54:21 PDT 2014

Hi Andrey,

You could ask this on ffmpeg mailing list.
I think the thing you ask for is not possible at current ffmpeg
implementation. pa_simple_new takes channel map at 7th argument which is
hardcoded to NULL in ffmpeg's input device. PA will use default channel
I believe and there is no way to change it ATM.

I'm not sure it is doable (I am not an expert in PA), but maybe it is
possible to create several mono "virtual" devices that maps certain
channel from  other device. I leave answering it to PA devels.

Other options is to improve ffmpeg's implementation, but I would suggest
to drop simple API usage and reimplement it.