[pulseaudio-discuss] suggested patch: only update level meters when window has focus

Lukas Kramer lu at 0x83.eu
Fri Jul 11 13:17:56 PDT 2014

Hello,

I've noticed that pavucontrol consistently eats up around 20% of CPU.
This is because pavucontrol updates the level meters on every sink
callback, even when no one's looking (window isn't focused). So I've
created a patch that adds an option to only update the level meters when
the main window is focused. There's one issue with the patch: When a new
stream widget is created and the window is visible but not focused, the
level meter is missing because it's initially hidden. Anyone can explain
why? What are the chances of getting my patch merged?

Lukas