[pulseaudio-discuss] paplay stuck while playing over Bluetooth without any error messages

tony tony.makkiel at convergeddevices.net
Mon Jun 2 08:01:29 PDT 2014

Hello,
	I am trying to play audio over Bluetooth(BlueZ, 4.101) Headset profile
using my tegra board as audio Source running ubuntu 13.04. The pulse
audio version used is v5.0.
	From the bluez logs, I can see the headset is connected and the state
is converted to "HEADSET_STATE_PLAYING" as soon as I start playing a
*.wav file using pacat

"./src/pacat -vvvv -p -d bluez_sink.90_03_B7_30_E5_84
../test3_PCM_Mono_8SS_8000Hz.wav"

But pacat seems to be stuck at Time: 0.0 until I interrupt the binary
(Ctrl+C). The corresponding (terminal, blueZ, pulseAudio )logs are
attached.

	As far as I could debug, I see the "pacat", sends an
"PA_COMMAND_DRAIN_PLAYBACK_STREAM" () which is received and acted upon
by "command_drain_playback_stream". I traced the data flow till
"sink_input_process_msg" which returns 0 (~ 1540. The
PLAYBACK_STREAM_MESSAGE_DRAIN_ACK is not returned in the if loop). But
my knowledge in pulse audio is limited and am not sure whether it is
expected. Can somebody please give me any pointers what might be going
wrong?

Thanks,
Tony

PS:- I tried running an older version of Pulseaudio 1.1 which also gets
stuck on paplay.