[pulseaudio-discuss] Volume is not maxed on reboot; known bug?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 00:47:51 PDT 2014

When I boot the system (Gentoo), "pacmd list-sinks" says:

   left: 65520 / 100% / -0.01 dB, right: 65520 / 100% / -0.01 dB

I have to first apply a manual volume change (with pavucontrol or kmix)
for it to get to 65536 (0dB.)

I'm using PulseAudio 5.0 with software volume (hardware volume is not
supported by PulseAudio for my sound card, which is an Asus Xonar D1.)

There is no "restore volume at startup" business going on. This is how
PA initializes the volume. Is this a known bug?