[pulseaudio-discuss] Clicking noise with Creative X-Fi

Stephan Windmüller windy at white-hawk.de
Sun Jun 22 03:12:39 PDT 2014

Hello,

since the update from PA 3.0 to 4.0, my soundcard (Creative X-Fi, kernel
module "snd_ctxfi") produces a "clicking" or "popping" noise in the
default configuration when playing sounds.

For the last months I got this fixed with the famous "tsched=0" switch,
but this broke some Steam games.

Since a plain ALSA configuration works flawlessly with all applications
and I also had no problems with PA 3.0, is there any way to get my card
working with PA 4.0?

Regards
 Stephan