[pulseaudio-discuss] M-Audio Delta 1010

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 20:38:43 PDT 2014

30.06.2014 09:29, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> 30.06.2014 06:41, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
>> % pulseaudio --version
>> pulseaudio 5.0
>>
>> The card has:
>>
>> 2 digitial output ports (S/PDIF)
>> 8 analog output ports
>> 8 analog input ports
>> 1 MIDI input port
>> 1 MIDI output port
>>
>> Yet the list of profiles [1] doesn't seem to "support" that.
>
> 7.1 analog inputs/outputs are missing for unknown reason (we need a log,
> see below, to see why).

Actually I think there is enough information in the original mail for me
to guess why, but still, please provide the information I have asked
for. The problem is that your card, which is based on the ICE1712
chipset, does not expose the 7.1 output and the second spdif output via
the stock ALSA card file. I.e., the "surround71:1" and "spdif:1,1"
devices don't exist, and that needs to be fixed in alsa-lib.

You can test the theory by running these two commands:

pasuspender -- speaker-test -t wav -c6 -D surround51:1
pasuspender -- speaker-test -t wav -c8 -D surround71:1

If the theory is correct, the first command should work, and the second
one should complain (is this actually the case?), and we need to fix
that in alsa-lib.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov