[pulseaudio-discuss] M-Audio Delta 1010

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Sun Jun 29 21:00:13 PDT 2014

Hi Alexander!

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 10:29 PM, Alexander E. Patrakov
<patrakov at gmail.com> wrote:
> 30.06.2014 06:41, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
>>
>> % pulseaudio --version
>> pulseaudio 5.0
>>
>> The card has:
>>
>> 2 digitial output ports (S/PDIF)
>> 8 analog output ports
>> 8 analog input ports
>> 1 MIDI input port
>> 1 MIDI output port
>>
>> Yet the list of profiles [1] doesn't seem to "support" that.
>

> 7.1 analog inputs/outputs are missing for unknown reason (we need a log, see
> below, to see why). And second spdif is indeed not supported at all out of
> the box on any card, that's a known bug. Other than that, the list of
> profiles looks sensible.
>
> MIDI is completely outside PulseAudio territory.

Okay. I wasn't planning on using MIDI (or the spdif), just wanted to
be complete in describing the card's capabilities.

>> In an
>> attempt to get something working I am currently trying a simple
>> profile of "Analog Stereo Duplex". However, I cannot get "ogg123 -d
>> pulse" to use that card as a sink (IDLE vs RUNNING) [2].
>

> So it looks like ogg123 successfully plays its stream through a wrong card.
> Please try to use pavucontrol to fix the situation: either set the new card
> as fallback on the third tab, or use the first tab to move the ogg123's
> stream while it is playing.

Success! Thanks for reminding me about selecting the output for the application.

I also had my jack plugged into channel 8 instead of channel 1. Duh!! ;)

[...]

>> Okay. What can I do to further triage this or assist in getting a patch
>> for PA?
>

> Please run the following command (one line, with ";" in the middle, that's
> important for timing) from a terminal:
>
> killall pulseaudio ; pulseaudio -vvv | tee pulse.log

small adjustment needed:

killall pulseaudio ; pulseaudio -vvv 2>&1 | tee pulse.log

[...]

http://filebin.ca/1RfD6gb9SFEA/pulse.log

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=2e5a81d65ade41bf93df4870f9d4e410f1a74ab4

> It will gather some information from your card and paste it to a pastebin.
>
> Once I see all of that, I will ask more questions about the card.

Thanks!

-mz