[pulseaudio-discuss] F20 PulseAudio erroneously picking up HDMI monitor for audio output

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 12:47:40 PST 2014

Hi PA folks,

I'm not a list regular, hints of FAQs or relevant discussions welcome :-)

My laptop, running Fedora 20, has an annoying problem. My normal
configuration has it attached to an HDMI monitor; the audio toolchain
mistakenly thinks it has audio capabilities, and makes the nonexistent
HDMI audio the active output.

 - Can I help diagnose this so that the bug is fixed, in PA or in the
relevant plumbing?

 - Can I blacklist this/any HDMI device? I don't use HDMI audio on
this laptop at all.

Not sure what info would be relevant here.

[martin at tp-martin ~]$ rpm -qi pulseaudio
Name        : pulseaudio
Version     : 4.0
Release     : 9.gitf81e3.fc20
Architecture: x86_64

Output from the pacli commands I thought would be most relevant -
http://fpaste.org/82741/52250139/

Could not find an "lshdmi" command that would dump what the system
knows about the HDMI device...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 -  ask interesting questions
 ~ http://docs.moodle.org/en/User:Martin_Langhoff