[pulseaudio-discuss] On scaling the HRIR in module-virtual-surround-sink

Niels Ole Salscheider niels_ole at salscheider-online.de
Sun Mar 9 03:34:22 PDT 2014

Hello Alexander,

I wrote that module some time ago. And I had the same problems that you
describe, i. e. when I tried to avoid clipping in the worst possible case, the
output was way too quiet.
Therefore I tried to come up with a heuristic and the 1.2 fudge factor seemed
to work for me. But you are right that it depends on the HRIR and the content
and I also came across situations in which there was clipping in the meantime.
So this is definitely something that should be fixed.

Kind regards,

Ole