[pulseaudio-discuss] [Patch] alsa: Use card description in default sink/source prefix when available

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Tue Mar 11 09:10:00 PDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-10 at 17:46 +0000, Pete Beardmore wrote:
> hi,
>
> attached is a patch i run to ensure my descriptive
> 'device.description' card property is used for all its sinks/sources.
> please consider merging with pulseaudio master
>
> in keeping with the existing style, and the want to be as non-invasive
> as possible, i've slightly abused proplists, but without exposing what
> is clearly an internal only variable. so hopefully not too offensive

I don't know what you mean by abusing proplists, the patch seems fine in
that regard. I'd prefer the PA_PROP_DEVICE_CARD_DESCRIPTION
initialization to happen in pa_sink_new()/pa_source_new() instead of in
the alsa code, because there's nothing alsa specific in this logic.

The code causes a compiler warning:

  CC       pulsecore/libpulsecore_5.0_la-sink.lo
pulsecore/sink.c: In function 'pa_device_init_description':
pulsecore/sink.c:3451:5: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth value [-Wparentheses]
     if (s = pa_proplist_gets(p, PA_PROP_DEVICE_CARD_DESCRIPTION))