[pulseaudio-discuss] positional desktop sounds

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 12 01:26:53 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 00:35 +0400, Serge wrote:
> Hello.
> I use Debian Wheezy.
> Pulseaudio 2.0-6.1 was upgraded today to 4.0-6~bpo7+1 from backports.
> Positional desktop audio is working incorrectly now -
> sounds are muted on the right side of the screen.
> Pls see video:
> http://youtu.be/5Dt-xFlXQUI
> I know i can disable positional audio but i like it.
> Can i fix it somehow?

This sounds like a pulseaudio bug, so no, you can't fix it, unless you
can fix the pulseaudio source code. I won't have time to investigate
this bug any time soon, but you could file a bug report at
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=PulseAudio so that
this issue doesn't get forgotten.