[pulseaudio-discuss] How to use pass through mode in pulseaudio?

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Wed May 14 10:34:05 PDT 2014

14.05.2014 19:39, vijay wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using HW decoder,so i need to use pass through mode
>
> I have below question  regarding pass through mode:
>
> -Through which module i have to load the hw device
> Is it with module-alsa-sink or with some other module

Yes, the correct sink module is module-alsa-sink. There is no need to
load it explicitly, though, as module-udev-detect already loads it
correctly.

PulseAudio does not use the passthrough mode by default, because it has
no idea that the receiver supports it. So you have to configure this
explicitly. I recommend using pavucontrol for this. It is as easy as
selecting a digital stereo profile and checking some checkboxes that
correspond to what compressed formats your receiver can accept. On exit,
PulseAudio will save their state, and restore this information on startup.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154063

--
Alexander E. Patrakov