[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluez Questions

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Mon Nov 3 11:05:53 PST 2014

Hello,

i have two (unrelated) questions regarding bluez5 (with ofono backend):

1) I am using the subscription API and when my headset changes profile
the subscription callback (with mask PA_SUBSCRIPTION_MASK_CARD) is
called twice. Is this correct? if yes, one call is for the profile
change, what
is the reason for the other one?

2) I am playing back audio from my phone to my bluetooth headset. When
I now switch off the headset, bluetooth takes a while to recognize, that the
headset is no longer available. When pulse receives the notification
that the
headset is gone, the stream is switched to the default device and starts
playing exactly at the point where the headset was switched off and goes on
playing for a while after I stop playback on the phone. All future sounds I
feed into th loopback module are now delayed by the gap between
the switch off of the headset and the moment pulseaudio is notified.
Is there a way to reset the loopback module to its initial state?

Regards
              Georg