[pulseaudio-discuss] How to create a proper cookie in .config/pulse/ ?

Alan McConnell alan at his.com
Thu Nov 13 10:48:38 PST 2014

Assembled Wisdom!

  When I run     pulseaudio --start , I get
E: [pulseaudio] authkey.c: Failed to truncate cookie file: Invalid argument
W: [pulseaudio] authkey.c: Failed to load authorization key '/home/alan/.config/pulse/cookie': Invalid argument

   	Which is not a surprise, since all I have in
	~/.config/pulse/ is an empty file, cookie.    Which I
	created out of desperation<g>.

Background data: I am running  Debian Wheezy -- a new install, on
a new machine -- and I have backported the kernel
  vmlinuz-3.16-0.bpo.2-686-pae
and
     pulseaudio 4.0  , also backported .

I conceive it possible that if I can get pulseaudio started, maybe
my sound will work.  It worked fine on squeeze, on my old machine . .
("in a galaxy long ago and far away ")

Many thanks for any help you can give me in starting pulseaudio.

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
      A man may be in as just possession of truth as of a city,