[pulseaudio-discuss] Master is frozen

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Fri Nov 14 01:30:15 PST 2014

On 2014-11-14 07:07, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> Hello,
> As promised, master is now frozen. Please do not push anything other
> than essential fixes.I'd like to have some stability testing of HSP
> before rolling 6.0 RC1.

I'd like to have my HSP compilation patches in before 6.0 RC1. Can I
push them?

> Any help here is appreciated.

Ok, with some trouble [1] I installed bluez5 in Ubuntu 15.04 and ran
PulseAudio git master on top of that, with the native headset backend.

Result: Headset card shows up. Switching between A2DP and HSP seems to
be working. The hsp profile is called "headset_head_unit", which is a
change from bluez4, but it's nothing that seems to cause problems for me.

HSP playback and recording seems to work. Volume control (playback) and
gain control (recording) does not work, i e, changing volume and/or gain
has no effect on actual volume/gain.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic

[1] For the interested, I grabbed Debian's bluez5 sources from jessie,
recompiled them and installed the resulting bluez and libbluetooth
packages. That caused the bluez postinst script to hang. I worked around
this by adding the --noscripts option to "dh_installinit" in
debian/rules. After installation/reboot, I used "bluetoothctl" for
pairing and connecting to the headset.