[pulseaudio-discuss] redirect sound to different out jack

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 04:55:59 PST 2014

> I have Sound Balster Live. Is possible to redirect Line out jack signal
to Rear out jack?
> The reason I want to do that is that my Line out jack is damaged and
searching for solution I read:
> " redirecting front signal to rear output of SB Live! was for a long time
a favourite trick for computer audio enthusiasts who want better sound for
minimum of money."
>http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-311614.html
> And I want to do that but I don't know how.
>
> When I just put headphone to Rear out jack and set PulseAudio to surround
4.0. the slider in Master w Gnome Alsa Mixer doesn't react to changing
volume. The other problem is that there is no sound from line in.

> Using surround is a workaround not a solution.
>
> Can you tell me if surround 4.0 is just stereo doubled or it is
differently recorded sound for movies?

> My goal is to have good stereo sound. Help please.

Post the output of alsa-info.sh

Assume you don't have Live Drive and your rear jack is using Philips
UDA1334 DAC and front jack is using AC97

Just swap the definition of front and rear device and change the channel map

you may need to find out whether rear jack support mono or not

http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-lib.git;a=blob;f=src/conf/cards/EMU10K1.conf;hb=HEAD