[pulseaudio-discuss] redirect sound to different out jack

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 07:31:51 PST 2014

> output of alsa-info.sh
>http://pastebin.com/Kmd2J2Bq
>
> >you may need to find out whether rear jack support mono or not
>
> It is old so it is hard to find detailed specification. I found only this:
> Sound Balser Live model CT4830
>http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=5805
>
> >Just swap the definition of front and rear device and change the channel
map

> I don't know how to do it. Can you tell me?
>
> What do I need to do with the link you provided?
>
> Can you give some more specific steps or refer to some material and I
will do it with the help of my distribution forum members

Are you sure that the front jack is damaged since the mixer control of sb
live  is quite complicated

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/plain/Documentation/sound/alsa/SB-Live-mixer.txt

Using rear  instead of front / hw:0,0 for playing stereo to rear jack

speaker-test -c2 -t wav -D front:0

speaker-test -c2 -t wav -D rear:0

speaker-test -c1 -t wav -D hw:0,0

speaker-test -c4 -t wav -D surround40:0

You have to specify correct extin and extout if you does not have Live
Drive connected to the sound card to avoid driver create those Live Drive
specific controls (e.g. headphone,...)

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/plain/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt

Module snd-emu10k1
  ------------------

    Module for EMU10K1/EMU10k2 based PCI sound cards.
* Sound Blaster Live!
* Sound Blaster PCI 512
* Emu APS (partially supported)
* Sound Blaster Audigy

    extin   - bitmap of available external inputs for FX8010 (see bellow)
    extout  - bitmap of available external outputs for FX8010 (see bellow)
    seq_ports - allocated sequencer ports (4 by default)
    max_synth_voices - limit of voices used for wavetable (64 by default)
    max_buffer_size  - specifies the maximum size of wavetable/pcm buffers
                       given in MB unit.  Default value is 128.
    enable_ir - enable IR

    This module supports multiple cards and autoprobe.

    Input & Output configurations [extin/extout]
* Creative Card wo/Digital out [0x0003/0x1f03]
* Creative Card w/Digital out [0x0003/0x1f0f]
* Creative Card w/Digital CD in [0x000f/0x1f0f]
* Creative Card wo/Digital out + LiveDrive [0x3fc3/0x1fc3]
* Creative Card w/Digital out + LiveDrive [0x3fc3/0x1fcf]
* Creative Card w/Digital CD in + LiveDrive [0x3fcf/0x1fcf]
* Creative Card wo/Digital out + Digital I/O 2  [0x0fc3/0x1f0f]
* Creative Card w/Digital out + Digital I/O 2 [0x0fc3/0x1f0f]
* Creative Card w/Digital CD in + Digital I/O 2 [0x0fcf/0x1f0f]
        * Creative Card 5.1/w Digital out + LiveDrive [0x3fc3/0x1fff]
* Creative Card 5.1 (c) 2003 [0x3fc3/0x7cff]
        * Creative Card all ins and outs [0x3fff/0x7fff]