[pulseaudio-discuss] redirect sound to different out jack

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 23:34:15 PST 2014

> Hmm it is too complicated for me.
>
> This model of SB doesn't have front panel connections.
>
> Anyway I can use it by choosing surround 4.0 but when using surround
changes in volume of Master chanel don't change the volume of surround. Is
is possible to force Master to control surround level.
> Don't know if it is important but I use KDE and gnome alsamixer.

You have to post the pulseaudio verbose log when you playing stereo using
4.0 profile

surround40 of emu10k1 is using multi plugin with two slaves front and rear

EMU10K1.pcm.surround40.0 {
@args [ CARD ]
@args.CARD {
type string
}
type multi
slaves [
{
pcm {
@func concat
strings [
"cards.EMU10K1.pcm.front.0:CARD=" $CARD
]
}
channels 2
}
{
pcm {
@func concat
strings [
"cards.EMU10K1.pcm.rear.0:CARD=" $CARD
]
}
channels 2
}
]
bindings [
{ slave 0 channel 0 }
{ slave 0 channel 1 }
{ slave 1 channel 0 }
{ slave 1 channel 1 }
]
}

http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-lib.git;a=commitdiff;h=fb73f310f8e62e04c4b420a2316c2dfd30651b62;hp=68ae0c72a53704d416fe77d4c612d1f88d791e02

Did you get any sound from rear jack?

speaker-test -c2 -t wav -D rear:0

You need to use  gnome alsa-mixer to find out which mixer controls affect
front, rear jacks  by playing stereo or mono audio to front, rear and
hw:0,0 devices

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/plain/Documentation/sound/alsa/SB-Live-mixer.txt

The master volume only control ac97 analog mixer which is connected to
front jack and won't affect rear jack

I2S DAC connect to rear jack has no volume control, you need to use those
DSP volume controls and add those "Wave xxx volume" to those pulseaudio
conf files

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/tree/src/modules/alsa/mixer/paths

Card hw:0 'Live'/'SB Live! Value [CT4832] (rev.8, serial:0x80271102) at
0xa000, irq 18'
  Mixer name    : 'TriTech TR28602'
  Components    : 'AC97a:54524123'
  Controls      : 217
  Simple ctrls  : 38

Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 31
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 12 [39%] [-28.50dB] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 12 [39%] [-28.50dB] [on]

All headphone and  LiveDrive controls related to  Live Drive (audio panel)
can be removed by specify correct extin and extout module parameters

Simple mixer control 'Headphone LFE',1
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]

Simple mixer control 'Headphone',1
  Capabilities: pvolume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 100
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 0 [0%] [-99999.99dB]
  Front Right: Playback 0 [0%] [-99999.99dB]

Simple mixer control 'Headphone Center',1