[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] PulseAudio 6.0 RC1 released!

Arun Raghavan arun at accosted.net
Thu Nov 27 20:05:25 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-11-21 at 16:05 +0100, David Henningsson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> PulseAudio 6.0 rc1 has now been released - compared to 5.0, we have over
> 300 patches contributed by 41 people, and that's just the tip of the
> iceberg. All the millions of you who are using it, discussing it with
> your friends or random people who are wrong on the Internet [1],
> reporting bugs, answering questions on support forums, IRC channels,
> Facebook etc, or in other ways have been caring for PulseAudio, you have
> all helped shape PulseAudio what it is today. Thank you!
>
> Some of the new features include:
>
>   * Bluez 5 HSP (headset profile) support, both with and without oFono
>   * SystemD socket activation support
>   * Better support for multichannel and 2.1 profiles
>   * Protocol optimisations
>   * Zsh shell completion support
>   * Remap optimisations
>
> ...but most of all, it's all of the many minor improvements and bug
> fixes all across the place [2].
>
> As usual, we are not 100% confident that not a bug or two might have
> slipped in with all the improvements. Hence this is a release candidate,
> which we count on you to test in your environment to make sure it still
> works for you.
>
> You can get the tarballs here:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pulseaudio/releases/pulseaudio-5.99.1.tar.xz
> MD5: ce6fae362378d5b1c7d4d52235dc8219
> SHA1: 7a84bc008c64ab00153756c2696ecffcd41e0881
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pulseaudio/releases/pulseaudio-5.99.1.tar.gz
> MD5: 7afcfbf27807d231f21b7cac69826cbe
> SHA1: 3ba2f03bc821e5e2445e23bee63c3d0c908ef8c1
>
> Oh, and btw. There is a caveat: extra-hdmi.conf has been merged into
> default.conf. This can cause a transitional problem with a lot of
> hardware not being detected by PulseAudio, and you can resolve it by
> either rebooting your computer, or making a symlink from extra-hdmi.conf
> to default.conf (in /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets).

udevadm reload-rules and trigger is probably the easiest way to take
care of this.

For those of you testing on Fedora, it looks like we've already got
packages on Rawhide, and I've set up a copr to build the same package
for Fedora 20 and 21:

https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/arunsr/pulseaudio-latest/

Cheers,
Arun