[pulseaudio-discuss] should prebuf always be greater than minreq ?

Alban Browaeys prahal at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 13:51:57 PDT 2014

Le jeudi 09 octobre 2014 à 18:46 +0530, Arun Raghavan a écrit :
> Strong nack for fixing without figuring it out. Can we have a bug
> report please?
>
> -- Arun

Agreed about not applying a patch/fix (none were send and I made it
explicit I had only a workaround).

All I ask is information to know if there might be a bug in pulseaudio.

I asked if minreq should be <= prebuf , as the only proportion between
those two I found was to init "prebuf = tlength" and "minreq=tlength/5".
This 1 to 5 proportion I found in "PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC" code.

And the documentation tell about minreq "will initialize this to a value
that is deemed sensible by the server".

In short I look for what would be "deemed sensible by the server".

Should I send a bug report about that or is the ML more appropriate a
field ?

Best,
Alban