[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluez5 ofono-backend Issues with current GIT

Georg Chini georg at chini.tk
Sat Oct 11 12:32:43 PDT 2014

Hello,

I just pulled a current GIT and installed it. I find two issues with the
ofono backend:

1) When I connect my headset the device does not vanish
when I disconnect it. pactl list cards still shows
card #4
         Name: bluez_card.00_19_7F_41_DB_2E
         Treiber: module-bluez5-device.c
         Owner-Modul: 28
         Eigenschaften:
                 device.description = "590Plantronics"
                 device.string = "00:19:7F:41:DB:2E"
                 device.api = "bluez"
                 device.class = "sound"
                 device.bus = "bluetooth"
                 device.form_factor = "headset"
                 bluez.path = "/org/bluez/hci1/dev_00_19_7F_41_DB_2E"
                 bluez.class = "0x240404"
                 bluez.alias = "590Plantronics"
                 device.icon_name = "audio-headset-bluetooth"
                 device.intended_roles = "phone"
         Profile:
                 headset_head_unit: Headset Head Unit (HSP/HFP) (sinks:
1, sources: 1, priority: 20, available: no)
                 a2dp_sink: High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink) (sinks:
1, sources: 0, priority: 10, available: yes)
                 off: Aus (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available:
yes)
         Aktive Profile: off
         Profile:
                 headset-output: Headset (priority: 0, latency offset: 0
usec)
                         Part of profile(s): headset_head_unit, a2dp_sink
                 headset-input: Headset (priority: 0, latency offset: 0
usec, not available)
                         Part of profile(s): headset_head_unit

I cannot re-connect the headset before I restart pulse.
With my phone there is no such problem, the device appears
and disappears as expected.

2) When I connect my phone and use it, the profile switches to
HFP and if it's no longer in use the profile switches to off after
a timeout (this was not the case with the initial ofono patches).
This is the same as with Bluez4. The problem is, that with Bluez5
there is no D-Bus signal which indicates the profile switch. If you
have loopback modules connected to phone input/output, they
will fall back to the default source/sink without giving the software
a chance to react to this.

Regards
              Georg