[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio (V5) incorrect rate detection on usb sound card with raspberry

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 05:37:18 PDT 2014

> Hello,
>
> I'm not entirely sure about if pulseaudio is the culprit here, but I'm
out of ideas and need some advise.

> Connecting _the_same_usb _sound_card_  to my laptop or to the raspberry
makes pulseaudio detect different rate capabilities. Unfortunatelly the
raspberry detects the wrong rate (48000) so it forces samplerate conversion
for 44100 streams. It doesn't matter the parameter that I change
(default-sample-rate, rate=), pulseaudio always detect the wrong rate.

> Other applications on raspberry like mpd (alsa output) have not problem
using 44100.

> Linux macbook 3.17.1-gentoo-r1-macbook4,1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 17
17:29:07 CEST 2014 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8300 @ 2.40GHz
GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
> [...]
> I: [pulseaudio] sink.c: Created sink 1
"alsa_output.usb-Burr-Brown_from_TI_USB_Audio_CODEC-00-CODEC.analog-stereo"
with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right

> Linux rpi 3.12.29+ #714 PREEMPT Wed Oct 1 23:11:38 BST 2014 armv6l
GNU/Linux
> [...]
> I: [pulseaudio] sink.c: Created sink 0
"alsa_output.usb-Burr-Brown_from_TI_USB_Audio_CODEC-00-CODEC.analog-stereo"
with sample spec s16le 2ch 48000Hz and channel map front-left,front-right

> any clue where can be the problem?

Post the output of

lsusb -vvvv

You can find the supported rates in those usb descriptors of your usb audio