[pulseaudio-discuss] Problem with timing and USB scanning...

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 22:13:19 PDT 2014

https://askubuntu.com/questions/537166/usb%2daudio%2ddevice%2dnot%2dfully%2d

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/usb/mixer.c?id=9fcd0ab130579d9742538340edda3225f2b49a3e

> This happens even without the USB web cam plugged in.
>
> > Another issue is some usb devices only obtained dB scale at a later time
> > after the control is created
> >
> > This may need some delay for pulseaudio to get dB scale
> >
> > You can add printk statement to find out how much time you need
>
> I've done zero kernel hacking, so can't really help there, sorry!

Unfotunately, you need to fix many things in kernel

Is this a notebook with internal 5.1 speakers with three jacks at rear
panel (headphone , mic and line in) ?

1) large volume range of mic capture
Volume and speaker playback volume

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/usb/mixer.c?id=9b4ef97757953c6071563b7cbfc689e3dd771603

2) your 5.1 internal speaker have same priority