[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio (V5) incorrect rate detection on usb sound card with raspberry

Wed Oct 29 04:03:53 PDT 2014

> Upon reading your log further, I have a better guess. It looks like your
> sound card supports only 48 kHz for capture, and, while capture is
> active, also requires playback to be open at 48 kHz.
>
> You can work around this limitation by setting the card profile to
> "output:analog-stereo" using pacucontrol.

the 2902 specs[1] are:

Sampling Rate:
– DAC: 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
– ADC: 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz

and it is consistent with the capabilities reported by the kernel module [2], also it fails to explain why mpd have not problem using 44100 with alsa output. If it were an alsa bug It should affect both programs.

I will do the tests tonight at home.

[1] http://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/pcm2902
[2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2014-October/022140.html